Local schools to offer flu vaccine clinics | Health
School districts statewide and across Your Region 8 are teaming up with the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) and the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) to fight the flu.
Starting this week, they’ll be offering seasonal flu vaccines to children in grades K-12.
In Lawrence County, the vaccines will be administered on the following dates at these schools:
- Hillcrest School District: Hillcrest Elementary School on Nov. 18
- Hillcrest School District: Hillcrest High School on Nov. 18
- Hoxie School District: Hoxie Elementary School on Oct. 16
- Hoxie School District: Hoxie High School on Oct. 16
- Lawrence County School District: Black Rock Elementary School on Nov. 14
- Lawrence County School District: Black Rock High School on Nov. 14
- Lawrence County School District: Walnut Ridge Elementary School on Oct. 31
- Lawrence County School District: Walnut Ridge High School on Oct. 31
- Sloan-Hendrix School District: Imboden Area Charter School on Oct. 15
The ADH stresses the vaccine is not required for children to attend school; but, it is highly recommended.
Both the nasal mist and shot vaccine will be available this year.
In order to get the vaccine, children must have a signed parental consent form.
If you have insurance, the ADH will ask your insurance company to pay for the cost of giving the vaccine. If you do not have insurance or your insurance company does not pay, the vaccine will be no charge to you.
Copyright 2013 KAIT. All rights reserved.